Makes: 12 muffins
- 2 1/2 cups/250g rolled oats (gluten free if requiring gluten free recipe) plus extra for sprinkling
- 1/4 cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt/Himalaya salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder’
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 carrots/200g, unpeeled, ends cut off & cut into 3 pieces each
- 2 stalks rhubarb, ends removed
- 1 apple, unpeeled, cored
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup or honey
- 3 eggs
- Olive oil, coconut oil (spray) or butter for greasing tin
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place the oats into the food processor and blitz 1 minute or until flour forms.
- Remove oats and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Place carrots, rhubarb and apple into food processor and blitz several times, scraping down in between until everything is chopped fairly evenly. I chopped one fruit/veg at a time.
- One chopped into little pieces, add carrots, rhubarb, apple and all other ingredients into mixing bowl.
- Mix until everything is combined but do not overmix or you will have chewy muffins.
- I use an ice cream scoup to fill the greased muffin tins with batter and sprinkle with some extra oats if desired.
- Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins or until golden and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
- They taste delicious eaten warm or cold!