Time: 10 minutes plus overnight soaking of nuts
Servings: 1.5 cups
- 1 cup raw cashews (soaked in hot water 30 minutes or overnight in cool water)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- ½ tsp. sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground pepper
- ¼ tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp. maple syrup or honey
- 2 tsp. dried dill
- 1 tbsp. freshly minced parsley
- ½ tps. dried chives
- Soak cashews as desired.
- Pour almond milk into a bowl and add the lemon juice to make buttermilk.
- Drain and rinse cashews.
- In a small blender, add cashews, buttermilk, garlic, salt, pepper, onion powder, vinegar and maple syrup.
- Blend on high for 2 minutes or until very creamy.
- Add herbs and blend until incorporated.
- Use immediately at room temperature or refrigerate in an airtight container for a few hours to chill.
Great as a veggie dip or as a salad dressing. If too thick when you remove it from the fridge, add a little amount of almond milk.
Notes: Store in fridge for maximum 7 days. Does not freeze well.
Adapted from: www.minimalistbaker.com