- 25 fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1 cup fresh mint
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 tablespoons fish sauce
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 4 tablespoons fresh ginger root, minced
- 1.5 cups shredded cabbage
- 250g dried rice noodles
- Combine garlic, 1/4 cup mint, cilantro, fish sauce, lime juice and white pepper in food processor or blender. Puree until smooth.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Cook noodles and cabbage for three minutes, or until done.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in frying pan over low heat and cook shrimp for 3-5 minutes, turning once.
- Mince the remaining 1/4 cup mint. Serve noodles and cabbage in a bowl, topped with sauce and shrimp, and garnished with mint. You can add strips of carrot, diced spring onions or diced red pepper if you would like.
Makes 4 servings