Ingredients: makes 6 pancakes
- 1 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup arrowroot powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1 Tsp cane sugar
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk or other plant based milk
1. Whisk together dry ingredients (almond flour, cornstarch, baking powder, salt, and sugar) in large mixing bowl.
2. In separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients (applesauce, coconut oil, and almond milk).
3. Add wet ingredients to dry, and mix thoroughly.
4. Melt a small amount of coconut oil in a frying pan and heat on medium-low heat. You’ll know it’s ready for the batter when you splash a few drops of water on the pan and it sizzles.
5. Pour 1/4 cup of your pancake batter onto frying pan, and cook for about 2 minutes (until bottom side is golden brown).
6. Carefully flip pancake and cook the other side for 2 minutes.
7. Remove the pancake from the heat, place on plate and cover with a tea towel to keep warm.