Makes: 6-8 servings
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
- 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 large bananas)
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups almond milk or soya milk
- 2 tablespoons melted and cooled coconut oil or melted and cooled ghee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional)
- 2 cups rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- ½ cup buckwheat flakes (if you don’t have these, add another ½ cup of oats)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup diced strawberries
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips (optional)
- ½ cup chopped walnuts, almonds or pecans (or a mix of different nuts)
- 2 tbsp ground flax seeds
- 2 tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 180° C. Line with parchment paper or butter a 23 x 23 cm pan (or close enough to this size).
- In a large bowl mix together mashed banana, eggs, almond milk, coconut oil and vanilla (if using) until mostly smooth. Next add in rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until well combined. Finally, gently fold in strawberries, chocolate chips and nuts.
- Pour mixture into prepared pan and bake for 25-35 minutes until edges start to become slightly golden brown.
- Serve warm with a tablespoon of almond butter or let cool and cover at room temperature ready to eat in the morning.