These are packed with wholesome ingredients like chia seeds, flax seeds, almonds, and dark chocolate. This is a base recipe but you can switch up the type of nut butter you use or the type of nuts and seeds.
- ½ cup cashew butter
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil (melted)
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- ¾ tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract or seeds from half a vanilla bean pod
- 1/3 cup ground flaxseeds
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- ½ cup oats
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, almonds, brazil nuts (any nut of your choice)
- ¼ cup shredded coconut (optional)
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- ½ tsp coconut oil
- Roughly chopped nuts (optional)
- Add nut butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla and cinnamon to a medium saucepan and place over low heat. Stir often until the mixture is smooth and creamy. This doesn’t take long, so be careful not to burn the mixture.
- Remove from the heat and stir in ground flaxseeds, chia seeds and oats.
- Fold in nuts and shredded coconut and stir until combined.
- Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Pour granola bar mixture into the pan and spread out evenly and press down firmly with the back of a spoon.
- If you would like to add a few more nuts on top, press them into the bars.
- Melt the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a small frying pan over low heat.
- Drizzle over bars.
- Place the bars in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Remove the bars from the pan and cut them into the size of pieces that you would like.
- Store bars in the fridge in an airtight container.