Preparing your body for a pregnancy is essential. There are many studies that prove the fundamental role of nutrition during this important part of your life. A healthy balanced diet in terms of quantity and quality of the food you eat, will contribute to your, your partner and your baby’s wellbeing from the moment you envision getting pregnant through the time you breast-feed your baby.
Are you and your partner thinking about trying to get pregnant in the coming 6 months?
- If the future mother has all of the required nutrients prior to her pregnancy, the foetus will receive everything it needs to develop harmoniously during the pregnancy.
- The eating habits of the father should not be underestimated, as they can have an impact on his fertility and on the future embryo.
This program has 3 phases:
- Pre-pregnancy: We will focus on ensuring that you as a couple are eating all of the nutrients you need prior to getting pregnant. It is important to integrate into your meals, the essential vitamins, minerals and fatty acids (eg. Zinc and Omega 3) to maximise your fertility. Your daily habits should be limiting any amount of stress and ensuring you get enough good quality sleep.
- Pregnancy: During your pregnancy your body will have increased needs for certain nutrients. Certain nutrients are indispensable and a lack of can have consequences on both you and your baby. You’re eating habits must be adapted during this period and you will need to take some supplements. You may feel nauseous or have night cramps at the beginning of your pregnancy, there are certain foods that can help alleviate these discomforts.
- During breast-feeding: What you eat will directly impact your baby. There may be foods that you didn’t know you should be eating and there may be supplements that are beneficial for both you and your baby’s health.