Serves 4-6 people
- 850 grams organic carrots brushed and cut into slices (no need to peel them if they are organic)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 garlic cloves peeled and cut into small pieces
- 2 organic apples cut into large pieces (no need to peel them if they are organic)
- 2 cm of ginger root peeled and cut into small pieces (or 2 tsp.of ginger powder)
- 1 big tsp. vegetable broth powder
- 2 tbsp. almond butter (unsweetened)
- In a saucepan over low heat, heat the oil then add the garlic and stir for a minute. Do not let it brown.
- Add the carrots and mix well.
- Cook for 5 minutes then add the ginger and apples.
- Cover with water and add broth. Cook for about 20 minutes, the carrots do not need to be very soft.
- Pour into a blender and mix with the almond puree until you reach a very smooth consistency.
- Salt and pepper to taste. Personally, I did not add salt or pepper.
- Serve topped with sunflower seeds or the zest of a lemon.