This is a more nutrient dense version of Chinese stir fry noodles, using zoodles (zucchini noodles). It is easy to make and ready to eat in 30 minutes!
Makes: 2 large portions, or 4 small portions
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ small white onion
- 2 medium sized chicken breasts cut into small pieces
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into small pieces
- ½ red pepper cut into small pieces
- ½ green or yellow pepper cut into small pieces
- 2 medium sized zucchinis, spiralized (made into zoodles)
- 2-3 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- In a small bowl, add soy sauce and sesame oil. Stir and set aside for later.
- In a large wok, add onion and olive oil over low heat. Cook for a few minutes until onion is translucent and then add the garlic and cook for one minute. Do not let the garlic burn.
- Add in the chicken pieces and cook until almost completely cooked. If chicken starts sticking to the pan, add more olive oil.
- When chicken is almost cooked, add in carrots and peppers. Cook until vegetables are tender and chicken is completely cooked (no longer pink).
- Add in the zoodles and pour the sauce over the noodles.
- Stir and toss until everything is evenly coated and cook until zucchini noodles are tender but still crisp (2-3 minutes).
- Serve immediately.