Serves 4-6 people
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium leeks chopped and rinsed
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 medium potato, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 4 cups of vegetable stock
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 head of broccoli chopped and stems peeled
- 1 large handful of spinach rinsed
- Pine nuts and sunflower seeds (optional for garnish)
- In a saucepan over low heat, heat the oil then add onions and leeks. Cook until soft but do not let it brown.
- Add the broccoli stems, potatoes and stock and mix well.
- Simmer for 10-15 minutes until the potatoes are tender
- Add the broccoli florets and cook for 5-8 minutes on low heat being careful not to overcook the broccoli.
- Turn the soup off and add the spinach.
- Remove the bay leaf.
- Pour into a blender and mix until you reach a very smooth consistency.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Personally, I did not add or pepper.
- Serve topped with pine nuts or sunflower seeds.